Primary (up to Year 6)
Lower Secondary (Years 7 to 9)
GCSE (Years 10 + 11)
A Level (Years 12 + 13)
Why Horsforth Tutoring?
Horsforth Tutoring Ltd is unique in the marketplace:
Firstly, we use only fully QUALIFIED teachers - reassuringly targeting the work to your son / daughters age range and qualification level. (Many agencies use graduates or under graduates with no, or very limited teaching experience - our founder is a former Head Teacher and we believe this is simply not acceptable.)
We constantly quality assure our tutors work and request your FEEDBACK to make on-going improvements.
All tutors must have a DBS check to work with your son / daughter.
All students / parents and tutors receive online access to an ILP (Individual Learning Plan) so you can track and monitor your son / daughters progress.
All of our tutors are self employed so you set the fee with the tutor when you commence their work. (The tutors pay us commission so its hassle free pricing for you)
Lessons are regularly quality assured by an experienced Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher.
We offer lessons to all age students from primary through to A Level!
Facebook - we operate groups for parents and tutors so you can interact with other parents and maximise the benefits of tutoring!
How it Works!
We do all the hard work to find you a tutor!
1. You fill in a simple form to request a tutor matched to your child's needs.
2. We then match your request to our friendly local team of qualified teachers and provide you with details about how we work so you can be assured of the process and quality.
3. The tutor will contact you and will arrange a fee (that includes our commission) to meet your needs as well as discussing your requirements in detail.
4. We will send you an agreement / help sheet with links to the ILP and everything you need to know about Leeds Tutoring and how things will work - we even provide you with links to all of our resources and help functionality.
5. Your tutor starts working with your child.
6. You get access to our online Learning Plan so you can track the progress of your son / daughter.
7. You can feedback to us at any time using simple forms!
Calendar and how Tutoring Takes Place
We recommend tutoring takes place over 39 weeks a year (matching school term dates) and if the tutor wishes you can break this down into 12 affordable payments paid monthly to the tutor.
Lessons are scheduled at a time convenient to you and the tutor
Types of Tutoring
The prices below relate to the following types of tutoring:
In your home tuition
In the tutor’s home tuition
Online tuition (using a platform like Zoom)
Note: online lessons are really effective and allow the tutor to interact and use advanced resources - it is sometimes better than in person!
Prices and Rates
The rates quoted below show suggested rates for individual tuition introduced to you on or after October 2020.
The unit of time used to determine rates is one hour, but tuition may also be given in multiples or fractions of this.
The rates below show the total amount paid (in £) by the parent per hour.
The precise fee due to the tutor is a matter for negotiation between you and the tutor, and these are recommended rates only.