Tutor with Horsforth Tutoring
We would love for you to join us. Please note we only accept applications to tutor from fully QUALIFIED teachers who have a recent DBS.
We believe only using fully qualified teachers is what sets us apart from other agencies and why you will be able to charge the fees shown in the about section / pricing table.
Ideally based in Leeds (Yorkshire) You WILL NOT be paired with students at your current school to maintain privacy.
This is how you join us:
* apply to join us (including sending us your DBS and referees)
* have a quick online chat with us to explain everything and to answer any questions
* we will then send out an info sheet so you can approach parents and make the necessary arrangements
* we will then send you links to contact students and you arrange the tutoring
* we send you and the parent an agreement confirming what you have arranged
* you then start tutoring and enjoy making a difference to the lives of those you teach!
How it Works / Payment
You will be self employed and are liable for any HMRC / NI payments / your tax return.
You negotiate the fees shown on the fees table and this includes the Horsforth Tutoring Limited commission.
We send a copy of an agreement to the parent and to yourself for transparency and ease.
The Horsforth Tutoring Limited agency commission is £5.00 per hour.
Commission due to Horsforth Tutoring Limited for lessons given during a calendar month should be dispatched (by the tutor) within 3 days of the end of that month to our account - a simple GoogleForm allows you to do this.
Become a Tutor with Horsforth Tutoring.......
We would love to hear from you!
To become a tutor with us, click the button below to take you to our simple web registration form.
We recommend you set aside 5-10 minutes to complete our form and get everything together to complete the form including:
*Your contact details
*Your availability to tutor
*The subjects you can teach
*Where you can tutor (e.g. at home)
*Your current Employment inc NI number
*Your teacher reference number
*Details of 2 references
*Your DBS certificate (don't worry you can upload / obtain one later)
FAQs / Important Notes
Why become a tutor?
* to enhance your subject knowledge
* to practice teaching concepts
* to stretch students
* to gain additional rewards
* to fit in with your lifestyle
Why Leeds Tutoring?
* we only use fully qualified teachers
* we are local and not a national franchise
* we carefully pair you with a student
* we can provide QA to you if required
* we have experienced school leaders available
How do I pay my tax?
* all the monies you receive from a parent are yours to keep and declare to HMRC (once you have paid us a commission)
* you may have to do a tax return but this is very simple
* you will be able to offset expenses such as fuel, stationery and ICT kit to reduce your tax liability
*Preference is given to Leeds based tutors to maintain local links and to be able to offer face to face teaching.
*QTS - only QTS awarded in the UK will be accepted - we are unable to accept non UK based QTS and will not offer
NARIC checks of equivelenace - if you do not have QTS awarded from the UK, your application will NOT be processed and we will not contact you.
*DBS Checks - these must be made in the UK and international / equivalent checks will not be accepted. If your DBS is not done within 3 years and/or not done by a UK registered body, your application will NOT be processed and we will not contact you.